Most portfolio, programme and project busienss is done through meetings. For example:
- Translate strategy into delivery
- Prioritise and allocate resources
- Oversee performance and deal with issues
- Workshop scope, issues, risks, communications etc.
- Negotiate withh customers and suppliers
As less of our busienss is done face to face, how do we deploy the charm and scan for reaction like we used to? Well - we can't.
We might have all the data in the world - but if we are too busy coping with the consequences of denial of poor relationships - our outputs, decision making and negotiation successes will diminish.